Brother XL2600i Review
The Brother XL2600I sewing machine is a popular, affordable product that is loved by beginners and expert sewers alike. This machine offers a variety of advanced features without being confusing to operate--you can get started on that first sewing project in a matter of minutes after opening the box. The XL2600I can be used for all different types of sewing projects, from garment construction to crafting to quilting and more.
Please note! At the time of writing this review the Brother XL2600i is sold out on Amazon. We'd recommend looking at other Brother Sewing Machines on Amazon by clicking the button below or you can check out some reviews of other Brother sewing machines.
The Brother XL2600I sewing machine offers an array of excellent features to improve your sewing. Whether you’ve been sewing for years or are just getting started, the capabilities of this machine will prove both fun and simple to use. These features include:
- Automatic needle threader: With this machine, you won’t have to strain your eyes to thread the sewing needle ever again. Just refer to the threading diagram displayed on the machine and let the automatic threader do the work for you.
- Thread cutter: Streamline your sewing process with this Brother machine’s built-in thread cutter. This feature will save you from having to reach for those scissors every time you need to trim the thread.
- Drop-in bobbin loading: Getting set up to sew is incredibly easy with the drop-in bobbin feature; simply drop your bobbin into the compartment and use the slot to pull the bobbin through. The jam-resistant top will keep your bobbin feeding through smoothly, even after hours of work. Plus, the bobbin compartment is transparent so you’ll always know how much thread is left.
- Automatic bobbin winding: Your bobbin will be wound in a snap with the automatic winder. All you have to do is move the bobbin control to the right and your bobbin is set to go, saving you both time and effort.
- 1-Step auto-size buttonholer: Sew buttons of any size onto your handmade projects with the 1-step auto-size buttonhole stitch and buttonhole foot. The buttonhole stitch allows you to select a single stitch to sew the perfect buttonhole, instead of having to make adjustments. The foot is included and allows you to attach any button with ease.
- Free arm: Hemming pants and shirt sleeves is easy with the Brother XL2600I, thanks to its free arm construction. This allows for simpler maneuvering of sections of fabric and is helpful when constructing many types of garments, but mainly small cylindrical items.
The XL2600I comes with 25 built-in stitches. This amount is approachable for beginners but also offers interesting choices for more adventurous sewers. The 25-stitch selection contains a variety of stitches for several different types of projects, including:
- Clothing construction
- Decorative techniques
- Home decor
- Heirloom sewing
Each of the 25 stitches included with the XL2600I has multiple stitch functions to fit your needs, no matter what you’re sewing. Whether you’re repairing a pair of pants or constructing a decorative gift, this fantastic machine has you covered.
Making your stitch selection couldn’t be easier. Simply refer to the chart printed on the front of the machine and turn the dial to the number of your desired stitch.
The Brother XL2600I sewing machine comes with an array of highly useful accessories that will expand the possibilities for projects you can create.
Each foot included with this machine is listed below and serves a specific sewing purpose:
- Buttonhole foot
- Button sewing foot
- Zipper foot
- Narrow hemmer foot
- Blind stitch foot
The XL2600I also comes with basic sewing gear so you can get started on that first project right away. These helpful extras include:
- Needle pack
- Twin needle
- Extra spool pin
- Darning plate
All of the wonderful accessories included with this machine make the Brother XL2600I an even greater value.
Weight, Warranty, and More
- The Brother XL2600I sewing machine weighs just 11 pounds, making it exceptionally lightweight and portable. You can easily bring this machine along to work wherever you like, and it can fit in a suitcase.
- As if this machine weren’t already an excellent value, it comes with a 25-year limited warranty. So, you can trust that you’ll be loving this machine for years and years to come. The XL2600I even comes with free phone support for the life of the product, so you’ll have help along the way if any issues arise.
- The XL2600I machine has earned overwhelmingly positive reviews from customers online. People love how smoothly and quietly this machine runs, as well as its conveniently compact construction.
- This Brother original machine operates with a foot pedal and uses 110 volts of power. It includes a built-in light bulb so you can always clearly see your work.
- The Brother XL2600I is easy to operate, making it a great choice for sewing beginners. The user-friendly design makes setting up the machine quick and frustration-free. Plus, it comes with a clear instruction manual that thoroughly explains all of the machine’s functions--you’ll never be in the dark about how to operate this machine.
- The XL2600I offers a selection of desirable features despite its low price tag, including the one-step buttonhole stitch, automatic needle threader, automatic bobbin winder, and more.
Brother advertises this machine as being beginner-friendly, but that doesn’t mean advanced sewers can’t enjoy it as well. It has plenty of features to keep even the most experienced, discerning sewers satisfied.
- You can use the XL2600I for many different types of sewing projects. It’ll get the job done, whether you’re a quilting fanatic, a crafting connoisseur, or a clothing creator.
- Since the XL2600I is a lightweight machine, it may not function well when sewing thick, heavy materials like denim or canvas.
- Adjusting the thread tension for different materials may be tricky with this machine. The tension dial can be difficult to understand.
- The foot attachments that come with the XL2600I are not of the highest quality and may not be as durable as those included with other models.
The main takeaway from this review of the Brother XL2600I sewing machine is that it’s a reliable, budget-friendly option for the everyday sewer. It comes with several convenient features, useful accessories, and an assortment of stitches to help fuel your creativity and improve your sewing technique. If you’re looking for a well-rounded sewing machine with a reasonable price tag, the XL2600I might just be perfect for you.