Another Singer Classic - The 7258 is Best in Class
An exceptional range of stitches, numerous innovative features, and assortment of convenient accessories make the Singer 7258 a standout sewing machine in its price range.
With this machine, you’ll have everything you need to effectively construct or repair garments, quilt, craft, decorate, and more. The advanced functionality of the 7258 make it user-friendly and simple to operate, even for beginners.
The Singer 7258 sewing machine includes a breadth of high-end features and comes at an affordable price. These features will make the sewing process more efficient and allow you to complete a broader range of projects.
- LCD Screen: With the LCD screen built into the front of this machine, it’s incredibly simple to view your stitch selection, as well as stitch length and width.
- Built-in Reverse: Switching the needle direction is hassle-free with the 7258 machine. Start sewing in reverse with just the push of a button.
- Built-in Needle Threader: Use the automatic needle threader to thread the machine in just 6 seconds. Clear threading instructions are displayed right on the machine to eliminate any confusion.
- Top Drop-in Bobbin: Achieve tangle-free sewing with ease thanks to the top loading bobbin system. The bobbin case has a transparent cover so you can always keep an eye on how much thread you have left.
- Automatic Bobbin Winding Clutch Needle Bar and Winder Stop: As you wind the bobbin, the needle will automatically disengage, making the process safer. Also, the winder will automatically stop once the bobbin is filled, so you get a perfectly wound bobbin every time.
- High Maximum Speed and Speed Control Lever: This machine can sew up to 750 stitches per minute, allowing you to complete projects faster. Set the speed to the perfect level for you with the speed control lever.
- Snap-On Presser Feet and Automatic Presser Foot Pressure: The included presser feet snap on and off of the machine so you can switch between them easily. You’ll always get the perfect amount of pressure on whatever material you’re using because the foot pressure is automatic.
- Start/Stop Button: With this machine, you have the option to use the handy start/stop button instead of the foot controller. To adjust the speed manually as you’re sewing, simply use the slider.
- Automatic Tension: You won’t have to worry about struggling to achieve the perfect tension level for your material type with the 7258. The tension is automatic and will provide the perfect stitch every time.
- Programmable Needle Up/Down: You get to choose whether the needle stops in the up or down position for any given project. This is an especially useful feature for quilters; set the machine to land in the down position to rotate the fabric and keep every stitch in the perfect spot.
- StayBright LED Light: Keep your workspace illuminated without overheating by using the built-in LED light. The bulb will last for 100,000 hours.
- Free Arm: Sew cuffs, collars, hems, and other small pieces with ease with the included free arm, which is easily accessible and conveniently stored in the removable storage compartment.
- 13 Needle Positions: Sewing is easier and more efficient when you have a choice of needle position. This machine offers 13 different positions so you get the ideal needle placement for every project.
- 6-Segment Feeding System: This machine’s advanced feeding system moves the fabric with precision and ease.
The Singer 7258 sewing machine comes with 100 stitches to choose from. This large number of included stitches is a major perk in any sewing machine, but especially in one as affordable as the 7258.
For each built-in stitch, the stitch length and width are pre-set to achieve the best possible result every time. However, if you want to set the length and width yourself, you can easily do so using the LCD screen.
- The 100 stitches included with the 7258 are broken down as follows:
- 9 basic stitches
- 8 stretch stitches
- 7 fully automatic buttonholes
- 76 decorative stitches
Clearly, this machine offers just about every stitch you’ll need and want, from useful utility stitches to intricate decorative options. You even get a choice of buttonholes, including the bartack, keyhole, and round end styles.
Making your stitch selection couldn’t be easier with this machine. Just refer to the diagram printed on the front of the machine for the number of your desired stitch, then select the number on the screen using the button controls.
This wide stitch selection includes a number of options for all types of projects, including:
- Clothing construction
- Heirloom sewing
- Appliqué use
- Home décor and DIY projects
The Singer 7258 machine comes with several excellent accessories to help you sew all sorts of new creations. The included accessory presser feet are especially great for trying out new sewing techniques. These feet include:
- All-purpose foot
- Buttonhole foot
- Zipper foot
- Blind hem foot
- Overcasting foot
- Satin stitch foot
- Rolled hem foot
- Darning and embroidery foot
- Gathering foot
- Quarter inch foot
With this wonderful variety of presser feet, the possibilities for your sewing projects are endless. Add colorful piping with the zipper foot, create slots for ribbon with the buttonhole foot– the options are only limited to your imagination.
In addition to the presser feet, the Singer 7258 machine comes with practical accessories to help you get started on your first sewing endeavor. These accessories include:
- Auxiliary spool pin
- 2 spool pin felt discs
- 3 thread spool caps (small, medium, and large)
- Screwdriver for needle plate
- 4 bobbins (Class 15J)
- Package of needles
- Darning plate
- Seam ripper/lint brush
- Foot pedal
Weight, Warranty, and Construction
The Singer 7258 sewing machine weighs just under 15 pounds and measures 14.5” long, 7.5” wide, and 12” high. While there are other available sewing machine models weighing less than the 7258, it’s still relatively lightweight, especially considering the large selection of features it includes.
The 7258 is constructed with a metal frame for strength and durability. With the trusted Singer brand name behind this machine, you can trust that it’s built to last.
In the case of defects or damages, your machine will be protected with a 25-year limited warranty. It feels good to purchase this machine knowing that if something goes wrong, the warranty has you covered.
The Singer 7258 has several positive attributes. The qualities of this machine that truly stand out are:
- The 7258 is highly adaptable, making it an ideal choice for quilting, constructing clothing, crafting, and more. With the ability to alter the needle position, stitch width and length, tension, and more, you can set the machine to work perfectly, no matter what project you’re sewing.
- This machine sellfs for a mid-range price but includes a wide selection of stitches that’s typically found in more expensive models. The variety of decorative stitches it offers allows you to use your creativity and branch out from simplistic projects.
- Despite offering several advanced features for experienced sewers, the 7258 makes it easy for beginners to sew. The detailed manual provides all the information needed to get started, and features including automatic tension and top drop bobbin will set you up for success right from the start.
Every sewing machine has a few faults. The main drawbacks of the 7258 machine are:
- The 7258 may lock up or jam more easily when used with thick fabrics.
- Many pieces of this machine are constructed of plastic, which diminishes its durability.
- Space to work around the presser foot is limited, which can make maneuvering sections of fabric difficult.
Despite these flaws, the Singer 7258 sewing machine is an affordable model that offers an impressive number of features for sewers of all levels.