Singer 2259 Review
This lightweight, portable Singer 2259 sewing machine is a great choice for those who are just learning how to sew, or are showing an interest in doing some basic home craft projects.
A powerful sewing machine for being classified as a compact sewing machine, this Singer machine is not only simple for anyone to use, it also offers a number of other great benefits that simply make it a top choice.
Add to this the fact that it’s also considered to be an affordable sewing machine makes this Singer 2259 all that much more appealing for those who are on a budget and currently looking to buy a new sewing machine.
Because the finger 2259 is a lightweight sewing machine it tends to work best when light to medium fabrics are used. This includes using medium denim fabric material, a popular fabric choice that’s currently trending in the sewing world.
It also works great for quick and easy sewing jobs, like hemming pants and sewing on buttons.
- Handles Medium Denim Fabric with Ease
- Built-In Stitch Selections
- Super Easy to Thread
- The Bobbin is Side Loading
- The Snap-On Presser Feet
- No included case
What We Love About the Singer 2259
The Singer 2259 sewing machine is quite sturdy due to its steel frame, making it a solid choice for a beginner’s sewing machine. Because it’s also compact it’s easy to pack up and take to another location; in other words it’s also a portable sewing machine.
- Handles Medium Denim Fabric with Ease. Denim is all the rage right now and this Singer can handle making a variety of denim fabric projects.
- Built-In Stitch Selections. The built in stitch selections offer a variety of basic stitch options that are able to meet a number of different sewing needs.
- Super Easy to Thread. This Singer machine has a horizontal thread, which helps to keep the thread moving in a smooth fashion.
Simple and Quiet Sewing Machine
Simple because it’s so easy to use, this versatile sewing machine offers beginner sewers the ability to take on any sewing project with confidence. The manual that comes with the Singer 2259 offers all of the detailed instructions anyone needs in order to properly operate this top-rated sewing machine.
The manual also includes a list of all of the sewing stitches this particular machine offers, as well as recommendations for why each stitch should be used for a particular project. The step by step instructions included in the manual are super easy for anyone to understand and follow.
The singer 2259 is also very quiet, a feature every sewer is looking for when wanting to buy a new sewing machine. Loud sewing machines are often avoided, even if they offer a number of benefits that sewers are looking for in a quality sewing machine.
Portable Sewing Machine
Because the Singer 2259 comes with an attached handle it’s completely portable. Because it’s also considered to be a good starter sewing machine, this classic Singer sewing machine is a popular choice for beginning sewers who are looking to take a portable sewing machine anywhere they want to go.
Not all sewing machines are portable and because this machine is indeed portable it’s a popular choice among sewers who like to bring their sewing machine with them when going to certain places.
Portable sewing machine parties often find many sewers bringing the Singer 2259 with them, which is the perfect sewing machine for these types of parties as it can easily do everything from mending any rips or tears in clothes to making curtains to creating original clothes designs.
Automatic Four-Step Buttonhole
The automatic four-step buttonhole feature tends to be a favorite feature of sewers. Even though the buttonhole making process on this particular Singer machine requires four different steps to be followed, it is a simple process.
More advanced sewing machines tend to include the ability for sewers to make a buttonhole in only one step, but this is a beginners sewing machine.
The fact that so many sewing projects require buttons to be sewn on makes the automatic buttonhole feature one that sewers are looking for when buying any sewing machine, beginner or pro.
What We Didn't Like About the Singer 2259
While the Singer 2259 is definitely an easy sewing machine to use special attention does need to be paid to the thread tension when loading the bobbin. Although this sewing machine does come with an automatic bobbin winder, there have been some issues with the thread tension that can cause the thread to not be as tight as it should be for proper and constant functioning.
- The Bobbin is Side Loading. Some sewers have expressed that they prefer to have the bobbin located on the top of the sewing machine instead of being located on the side, as side loading bobbins tend to have occasional issues with the tension of a thread, which can lead to tangling.
- The Snap-On Presser Feet. While the snap-on presser feet are easy to change out, there are a few reports stating that the presser feet don’t provide the appropriate amount of traction in order to properly move the fabric through when sewing certain fabrics.
- It Doesn’t Come with a Protective Hardcover Case. While the Singer 2259 doesn’t come with a protective hard case cover that can help protect the sewing machine from being damaged, it does come with a simple cover to put over it when it’s not being used in order to keep the dust off.
Summary - Singer 2259 Review Wrap Up
The 2259 is the perfect beginners sewing machine. Whether someone is looking for a brand new sewing machine so they can start a new hobby, like making crafts, making their own clothes, or simply would like to have a beginners sewing machine at their disposal, this starter sewing machine is definitely a great and recommended sewing machine investment.
And even though it’s made with a metal frame in order to make it strong and sturdy, it’s still lightweight enough so that it can be easily taken to another location.
There’s an impressive two-year limited warranty on the electronic parts of the Singer 2259 sewing machine.